The food bucket list for 2015/ 2016

*Updated Post

Happy 2016 y'all....  I'm starting the new year with updating my food bucket list. While I know I haven't accomplished my list from last year, I couldn't wait to add a few more items to the list this year. Moreover, I tried the biggest item on last year's list " the gingerbread house" and to top it, I made a video too. Now doesn't that say all is forgiven.  The new additions are again, my "have been on my mind for too long" kind of recipes. I shall make a much more earnest attempt this year in checking items on the list and as I do, I promise to try many other simple, easy and 'everybody can cook " sorta recipes too. Scroll down and see items 19 onward for this year's additions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




Happy new year all!!!!!!!! It's that time of the year, for new enthusiasm, new renewals of old resolutions, new lists, goals, and in all this energy I couldn't help but think of a recipe list. That's how I've come with my Food bucket list for 2015, with a list twist. One, it's a list of to do's for this year and 2 , it's a list of things I'm going to try making not exactly eating at some place. Well I am going to eat them eventually, after I've made them and yes every successfully completed recipe will be up on the blog.


So I looked through my recipe books, which by the way have totally overflowed from my little kitchen shelf to my book shelf to my bed side table to my study table.  Every recipe book has been decorated with bright post it's for "must try recipes" and when I got down to making my list, it continued to over a 100. Geez, I wanted to keep this real, a number I could actually accomplish, given how time flies with all the other zillion things I need to and plan to do with my time.

I decided to take on some godzilla recipes, the ones that I have been staying away from, for their accompanying anxiety and  some simple recipes, mostly bakes that I've been meaning to try for so long and just have not made the time for or shunned for something more fancy.


So this list contains recipes I plan to try out this year and the ones that go well will be up here on the blog, for you'll to try.

Let's have a look at the list shall we .

1. Baked Alaska (this has been on my mind for a couple of years now. It'll make a spectacular dessert)
2. Bibique ( my favourite take away from Goa, one of my favourites, along with the wine and sausages)
3. Angel food cake ( 12 egg whites!!!!)
4. The perfect pound cake  Done
5. Roasted leg of Lamb, not going to let it bake overnight though. Need a simpler recipe.
6. Creme CaramelDone
7. Baklava, (need to find that filo pastry)
8. Summer pudding, sweet and simple
9. Bitter orange Ice cream ,for those summery days. Done
10. Snickerdoodles (How can I not try something that sounds so adorable. I did. )Done
11. Croissants
12. Om Ali, a very delicious Egyptian pudding
13.Boston Cream pie :Done
14.Pineapple, carrot and apple cake (yes, all in one, I already love it)
15. Mango Ice cream
16.Puff pastry, I'm on the lookout for a cheat's recipe.
17. Christmas Pudding
18. Gingerbread house, Plenty of time to research and get it ready in time for Christmas!!!!DONE
19. Ghee cake
20. Prawn Rissois  Done Check the recipe and video here
21. Biriyani (You should know I struggle with this )
22. Grape Wine
23.Stuffed pork tenderloin
24. Sacher torte
25. Perfect choco chip cookies
26. Tiramisu
27.Doughnuts
28. Karachi biscuits    Done

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Now now , let this list not fool you. Though I hope to keep at it, ummm I don know, ,, , also this doesn't mean you won't see any other posts on the blog. I got plenty of other recipes lined up .

Do you have a " must try recipe list" . I'd love to hear about it. Email me : ronamarlene@gmail.com

Also, if you try recipes posted here, don't forget to email me pictures, I'd love to know how they turned out.

Again, Happy new year !!!! Here's to new dreams, hopes and aspirations. Cheers!!!!!

Comments