Coconut Ladoo in 15 minutes

It's the festive season, and the sweet overload has begun.!!!!!  Lights all around, firecrackers in the air, so much happiness around, it's a wonderful season. I love Diwali. As a kid, I revelled in lighting crackers, gobbling up the sweets, helping my neighbours with the rangoli and lighting diyas on our balcony. So many years later, not much has changed, except that I don't light too many crackers now, not the noisy ones for sure. With everyone around getting into the Diwali mood, I couldn't resist, making some sweets. I tried making pedas first, and boy, that flopped. Buuuuut, I guess it was the festive angel that blessed me and turned that disaster into a lovely milk barfi, that I thouroughly enjoyed. YUUUMMMM. Little embarrassed to put up that recipe here though. It was such a simple one and I managed to flop that one. So . . Ahem.  Next I moved on to this recipe for coconut ladoo, the cheat's version obviously. I had this terrible pressure to get this one right, I couldn't be failing another easy recipe , NO WAY. Well, I did get this right, I wouldn't be writing about it here otherwise now, would I.

I know I'm a little too late putting this recipe up, but considering it takes so little time to make, there's still a good chance you could make them for this festive season, like today. Trust me, these homemade ladoos are so easy to make and are yummmmmmm. Because, festive days are filled with a million things to do, I'm going to keep this post short, So here goes :


Ingredients:

1/2 can condensed milk
250 gms desiccated coconut
Pistas, chopped finely 2 tbsp
Cardamom powder ; 1/2 tsp

Here's how you make it :

1. Keep aside 50 gms of the coconut for rolling the ladoos.
2. In a pan, put  the condensed milk, 200 gms of the coconut , cardomom powder and chopped pistas.
3.Keep on a medium heat and stir the mixture, taking care not to let it brown, and heat the mixture  till it begins to leave the sides of the pan. This will take about 10 mins, not more.
4. Take off the heat.
5. Grease your hand with a little butter and shape the mixture into ladoos and roll them in the remaining coconut.

And there one sweet done. I enjoyed making and eating these. Hope you will too.
 Happy Diwali everyone . May this Diwali brighten up your life with much happiness and prosperity. 

Comments

  1. Oh so easy ? Ok maybe this Xmas, I will be making these ladoos as kuswar

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment