Fruit Cups... The easiest way to a yummy dessert


































Got to admit, this isn't really a recipe, but it's worth a post, because it was easy, simple, pretty, yum and healthy too as I'd like to believe. A dessert is best loved when it's light, specially after a very heavy meal. This took 10 mins to make, (if you put aside the time to get the hung curd) and only 5 ingredients.

Curds
Vanilla essence
Strawberries
Ripe Mangoes
Sugar

So here's how you make these.

I preferred to use hung curd, (you could use yogurt if you like) so I let a litre of curds strain over a cloth and a large strainer over a vessel,  and kept it aside for about half an hour. Then I cut the mangoes, into pieces and they were sweet enough, so didn't need any sugar, but the strawberries did. So I chopped the strawberries, sprinkled some icing sugar on top and put it in the microwave for about 3-4 mins, till they became a little pulpy and juicy.

Next, when the curd was drained of all the water, I mixed it with some icing sugar and vanilla essence. I would've loved to use butterscotch but I didn't have any at home. And the only thing left to do was to assemble these little colourful beauties. In a glass, a dollop of curd, followed by a layer of mango, then another scoop of curd and finally some strawberry on the top that gave it such wonderful colour. Kept them chilled till serving time and dinner definitely ended on a happy and colourful note.  

Comments

Post a Comment