Sesame Chicken in 15 Minutes

So this 15 minute cooking thing... Are you a believer yet?? I wasn't one, when Jamie Oliver yapped about it on TV in his 15 minute meal show. With those innocent eyes and ruffled hair I really wanted to believe right away. Then I tried some recipes and alas!!!! I was a believer.

However, this is a non Jamie Oliver recipe, and it comes  from my Pinterest addiction. That's something I have managed to gain control over btw. Remember that Honey Sweet Chicken I had posted on my blog earlier. Well, that was good. No doubt, but I had to face the harsh truth; I needed a new Chinese recipe and I needed one real bad. This recipe takes hardly any time, effort and yes it is simple and fail proof. Few ingredients, couple of sauces and we are good to go. It is a 15 minute meal. Really and its yum....

Start with putting a pan to heat. and making the batter.

So for the batter: Mix 1 egg , slightly beaten with 2 tbsp flour, enough to make a slightly thick batter.Add a pinch of salt and pepper. I used chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces. Coat the chicken with the batter.
Add a bit of oil to the pan, just enough to shallow fry the chicken.  In goes the chicken and you should hear it sizzling away. The chicken should take about 7-10 mins. Turn or toss it when it's golden brown on one side. As the chicken cooks, start on the sauce.

For the sauce, in a bowl mix about 2 tbsp each of soy sauce, water, sesame seeds,  brown sugar, rice vinegar, 1 tbsp each of cornflour, sesame oil , 1 inch ginger and 1 large clove of garlic minced.  I used a grater to mince the fresh garlic and ginger. When the chicken has cooked pour the sauce over the chicken and toss it around. The sauce will thicken as it cooks. And there you go. A dash of chopped spring onion greens will make the dish complete. Tada!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

  1. Hi Rona,
    Wanted to check if you do take the orders:)
    My lil'ones 1st b'day is just a weeks away and I am running out of options:(
    Please do suggest any other good bakers in case you don't...Would appreciate it much..
    Thanks!
    Divya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Divya,
    I do take orders.:) You can email me : ronamarlene@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to try this recepie this weekend

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made made this dish today , so easy & so tasty !!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment