Green Masala Grilled Fish

I'm a big fan of seafood...... whatever style used to cook, whatever ingredients used, I think I like it all. . there's something that sounds very nice about fish tossed into an oven. makes it tempting immediately and temptation justified I should think. Grilled fish tastes yum.. So I ventured into yet another cooking experiment and this time it was on the black pomfret. Saturday's market visit proved lucky. Managed to get a big black pomfret that weighed more than a kilo...... :)
I couldn't capture it well on my camera for some reason. I'm an amateur photographer as well you see :), but you got it trust me on its taste.... It was delicous..........
So to make my grilled fish, I started with getting the fish cleaned. scales removed, fins cut. To let the masala get really into the fish, made a few slits on both sides. Then wiped the fish dry.

To make the masala, I ground 1 cup corriander leaves, 3 stalks pudina, 1 tsp jeera, 1 tsp corrainder seeds, 8 flakes garlic, a small piece of ginger into a fine paste. Then I fried 2 finely chopped onions in a tbsp of ghee till they were golden brown. To this I added 1 chopped tomato and green chilly and fried it for a couple of mins. Finally added the ground masala and let it fry for about 10 mins. For the extra taste, I added one maggie soup cube...... checked the salt and then fried the masala till it was really thick and fried well. Put it onto my fish, and let it sit in the fridge for about an hour. Of course you can always reduce this marination time, but if possible let it stay for as long as you can. Later on tossed the fish into the oven and grilled it at 170 C for about 25 mins till it was well cooked. The cooking time will depend on the type and size of fish you are using. You can serve this fish as a side dish or just accompany it with some fresh bread.......

Comments